Friday, April 1, 2016

G'day, Mate - Snake bites ex-Gaddafi bodyguard during toilet break

BBC

A former Gaddafi family bodyguard who became a bartender in the Australian outback has been bitten by a snake while urinating in a bush.

Australian man Gary Peters was bodyguard to Saadi Gaddafi, the son of former Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi, but now works in a Queensland pub.

The 52-year-old was drinking with friends after a shift on Wednesday when he stepped outside to relieve himself.

Mr Peters had just finished urinating when the mulga snake struck his ankle.

He said that he saw venom dripping down his leg and feared he would die from the bite.

"I only got a small dosage [of venom], enough to make me crook. If I had more I would have been in a body bag, I would have been dead," Mr Peters said.

The venom of the mulga snake is not as toxic as in some other Australian snake species, but is produced in very large quantities...  READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment