Thursday, March 24, 2016

Why new Cowboy Alfred Morris makes millions, but drives a 1991 Mazda

SportsDay

...Alfred Morris, who signed a two-year $3.5 million deal, with a chance to earn up to $5.5 million, has made millions in his four previous NFL seasons.

But as of last season, he still drives a car he originally bought for $2 from his pastor.

Morris refers to his 1991 Mazda 626 Sedan, which he drove up to Washington from Florida after being drafted in the sixth round of the 2012 draft, as "The Bentley."

"I'm loyal to my car," he told Jalopnik a few years ago, explaining that he doesn't feel the need to show off his money with expensive cars and clothing. 'I didn't grow up with a lot. This helps me remember where I come from and where I'm going."

To WUSA-TV, he added, "I love my car, and that's what I'm going to drive. I'm a lot better off than I was but at the same time... I feel like it's a waste of money to go buy a new car if my car is running perfectly fine, you know? I just don't get that concept."...
                                                      ------------------- 
   "Like I said, a lot of guys still spend money on this and that; you never know when it's going to be over. I'm just doing my best to try to save as much as I can, to set myself up for life after football. You know, I don't want to be on that documentary 'Broke.' "...  READ MORE


      


No comments:

Post a Comment