Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Ricky Martin Wants You to Be LGBT for Hillary!

by Kim D.
"Good grief" was all I could think just now while checking my email. I saw one from Ricky Martin, of the famed and lyrical "She Bangs," asking in the email subject line: "Join me as a member of LGBT for Hillary!"
Friend --

I'm so excited to ask you this: Would you like to join me as a member of LGBT and our allies for Hillary?

Today, we're launching this new group of Hillary fans who are committed to continuing the fight for full equality for all Americans -- regardless of gender or sexuality. Hillary said it best: "Gay rights are human rights, and human rights are gay rights."

Hillary has been a fighter for us for years, from supporting equal workplace legislation to working for equal rights for trans Americans. Now we're standing with her. Will you join us?

Growing up in the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico, I never dreamed that I would one day be a proud, out gay father of two beautiful little boys, in a country where marriage equality was the law of the land. Now, that's just an average day -- that's what real progress is.

Hillary knows this, and she's not going to stop fighting. But in order to protect and build on the progress we’ve made, we need to win this election. And that means we need you. Join LGBT for Hillary today, and let’s get started:
Add my name
Thanks,

Ricky

P.S. If you’d like to support this fight in other ways, become a founding donor to LGBT for Hillary right now by chipping in $1-- and thank you.
All I could do was shake my head while thinking, "Um . . . thanks, but NO thanks, Ricky. You'll have to live the la vida loca without me." Too bad Ricky doesn't have a new album and rump-shaker hit to promote while he's doing a solid for Hillary . . . oh wait . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment