Sunday, March 29, 2015

Bloodshot Baby Blues

True story.

My old man used to drag me and my brothers along to the bars when we were little kids. I remember one time it was me and my oldest brother sitting there drinking cokes while the old man was talking to a hard looking blond barfly who was sitting on the barstool next to him. The old man was hammered as per usual and I can't remember or perhaps didn't hear what they were shooting the breeze about. But then the drunk debutant said something to my dad that me and my brother heard loud and clear, "You have eyes just like my dead husband."

My brother looked past the old man and polite as hell asked her, "Your dead husband had blood shot baby blue eyes just like our dad?"

I thought that was the funniest damn thing I had heard in all my nine years and I laughed like a maniac about it as we left the bar so the old man could get us to school before we were late.

Good times. Good times.


No comments:

Post a Comment