Thursday, June 23, 2016

Good news for the ladies: Serial Killer David Berkowitz is still single.

NYP

David Berkowitz aka “Son of Sam” is one of New York’s most notorious serial killers — yet he told a parole board he views himself as a model inmate and says that he is carrying out his “life’s calling” as a “caregiver” behind bars.

“I’ve really done wonderful,” said Berkowitz appearing before a parole board during his latest and 15th parole hearing, according to the transcript, dated May 17, obtained by The Post.

 “I was constantly putting myself out there to help other individuals, with kindness and compassion,” he said. “I mean, I feel that’s my life’s calling, all these years. My evaluations, and so forth, should show that to be true. I’ve done a lot of good and positive things, and I thank God for that.”....


...Berkowitz was convicted of killing six people and wounding seven others in 1976 and 1977 in a bloody rampage that rocked the city. He is currently serving six consecutive 25-years-to-life sentences.

Berkowitz was arrested at his Yonkers home on Aug. 10, 1977, after cops found his car had been ticketed near the scene of his last shooting.

He pleaded guilty and was sentenced in June 1978 to life in prison with the possibility of parole. The serial killer became eligible for parole in 2002... READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment