Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Always #NeverTrump

By William McRight

So that is it then, GOP? This is what you will give us?

In the last two elections, we propped up moderate Republicans and got our teeth kicked in. John McCain, a hero, but a liberal Republican was crushed even though he prefaced every sentence by saluting “my friends.” Mitt Romney, carved out a Central Casting Book with teeth of white and hair of black and policies of progressivism also got a butt whipping. So in the infinite wisdom of the GOP and the esteemed electorate of this great nation we are now on the precipice of nominating a lifelong and STILL Democrat as the Republican nominee.

It is said that if one cannot remember the past, that one is condemned to repeat it. The GOP and our supposed “thought leaders” on the right have made a mockery of our party and our principles by potentially selecting as a nominee an Obama Birther, a 9-11 Truther and someone who cites the National Enquirer as a viable source of dependable journalism. 

I will not be a part of it. I will leave the GOP forever. I might join some other party, I might not. I might join with others to start something new. I am unrepresented by the GOP. That much is clearly evident.

If this party nominates a man who has not a conservative bone in his body, they are dead to me. They will not see any of my money, time or effort to further their causes. I will fight for conservatism and the Constitution if it still exists after Hillary and/ or Trump get done with it.
 

I weep for our children and fear a God who will grow weary of our idiocy and foolishness.

You media figures who spouted off about conservatism for decades and then turned your backs when a candidate who truly embodies conservative principles had an opportunity to lead: You all have blood on your hands. I am talking to you, Rush, Sean, Ann, Fox News and countless others. I hope your 30 pieces of silver weigh heavy on your heart. You broke this thing. Now YOU own it. Not us.

So congrats GOP and congrats all of you stupid, ill informed troglodytes who are in the midst of selecting an unqualified lunatic to represent your party.

You can all go to hell. But at least you can ride down on a beautiful gold escalator surround by green marble. 

As for me, the GOP can nominate Trump. I will not support him, vote for him or say anything positive about him ever. He does not represent me or my values.  He never has and he never will.

I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment