Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Dinner with Hillary?

by Kim D.

Hillary wants you to join her for dinner on the campaign trail. At least that's what her latest email claims.
When I was young, my mother put dinner on the table every night at precisely six o’clock. She didn’t know how to drive, so in the winter, she’d bundle my brothers and me on a sled and pull us to the store, and we balanced the groceries for the trip home.

My mother always made the extra effort to gather our family for a meal because she knew how important it was for us to spend time together. That’s something I’ve always carried with me.
These days, my schedule is pretty hectic, so sitting down for a meal like the dinners I had as a child is a rare treat. It would be my pleasure to share a meal like that with you and to talk about what’s going on in our lives, the news, our hopes and dreams -- just like we did around the dinner table growing up.  
I hope you’ll take this chance to share a meal with me. (And I promise I won’t make you ride a sled to get the groceries.) 
If this sounds interesting, click here to sign up. But don't be surprised if the menu consists of liver, fava beans, and a nice chianti.

No comments:

Post a Comment