Wednesday, May 13, 2015

OMG! Do I Have FOMO??? #Hillary2016

by Kim D.
Okay - I admit it. My first thought was what in the hell is FOMO?  S0, I hopped on the Google and found a Forbe's article by Kristi Hedges which explains it pretty well.
It doesn’t take long in a conversation among busy adults to get to the pervasive, underlying concern: “Am I making the right choices for my career, my kids, my life?” We’re so often consumed with what we – or our loved ones – might be missing or not achieving. It’s not a surprise to me that FOMO, the acronym for fear of missing out, was added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 2013.
So now the pummeling of my email inbox with requests to give dead-broke Hillary some of my cash makes more sense. (And yes I subscribe to Hillary updates because it's cathartic to mock the clueless). Kristi continues with an interesting perspective about having FOMO:
If that's true, then luckily, no . . . I'm not easily hoodwinked by the notion of FOMO where Hillary Clinton is concerned. Are you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment