Thursday, March 19, 2015

My North Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce Recipe #PorkSteakRebellion

by Kim D.

The only real disappointment I've experienced with Texas culture since my move here from the Carolinas in 2000 is the BBQ sauce which is ketchup based and too sweet for my palate. At first I imported bottled sauce from home until I finally came up with a recipe that my family loves. Enjoy!

North Carolina BBQ Sauce

On the stove top, smoke in a saucepan the following seasonings, on low temperature, for about 5 minutes:

  • 1 t chili powder
  • 1/4 t ground red pepper
  • 1 t ground black pepper
Then add and melt
  • 2 T butter
While whisking, add
  • 1 cup apple cider vinegar
  • at least 1 cup prepared yellow mustard
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 t Worcestershire sauce
Simmer on low for about 10 minutes, whisking occasionally, then add to your favorite, grilled pork dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment